The experience of years on the dance floor and on stage flows into the development of these towels.
Every feature is carefully thought through and tested by Lindy Hoppers, Balboa and Shag dancers around the world.
Feel free to ask us anything, we are completely transparent.
It's all about showing that personal hygiene, care for your dancepartners and great style are not opposites. They belong together!
Are Dancetowels towels or scarves?
Dancetowels are scarves and towels in one!
We know it's hard to believe, but we actually managed to create something that is both an elegant scarf and a high tech microfiber towel in one piece. Think of them either as a scarf that keeps you dry or as an elegantly disguised towel. However you see it, it definitely shows that you take care of yourself.
Why are the Dancetowels made from microfibre?
We love natural materials, woolen vintage suits and everything, but in the case of towels, microfiber is just better in every aspect.
- Better for the environment - They are made from recycled plastics so they actually reduce the plastic in the world.
- Better for absorbtion - 1/3rd more absorbtion than a kitchen towel. Click here to see our big absorption test on youtube.
- Antibacterial - Bacteria gets caught in the fine structure of microfiber and destroyed when washing at 60°
- Lighter - One Dancetowel only weights 80g.
- Dries 1000%faster (Yes, it's three 0's)
What do you do for the environment?
Other than creating the Dance Towels from recycled microfiber we try to offset the effects of whatever we do!
- Co² Neutral Shipping - With GoGreen by DHL.
- Packages have the "Green Dot" - Which means that they are 100% recyclable.
- We payed for the recycling of our boxes beforehand - You shouldn't throw away the gorgeous boxes that the Dance Towels come with, but if you do, we've already paid for the recycling!
How much liquid can a Dancetowel absorb?
The towel absorbs about 300% of its own weight in water. That is about 170-180ml of water, or almost a full glass of whine ;). And it does that super quickly and diies impressively fast.
We tested it all in this video for you: https://fb.watch/2Zi5LKuDnJ/
Why are the Dancetowels 30x120?
1. The BJ Dancetowels are not meant to be hidden. They are meant to show that their wearer takes care of him/herself and his/her style. Smaller towels have the tendency to look like cleaning-towels. This size looks like a scarf, or something unknown that the others have never seen before. These are pieces you wear with pride.
2. The more surface you have, the more liquid they can absorb and the quicker they dry. If it is really humid and you sweat a lot you will want a towel that has different spots for you to dry your head.
3. A small towel will fall down easily if you hang it over a chair or an armrest. The BJ Dancetowel is long enough to be stable on a chairback or armrest, and short enough to not hang onto the floor.
4. We come from Germany, so our ancestors are the Swing Kids who wore extravagant opera scarfs to show that their love for swing music was stronger than the pressure of the authorities. We live in the tradition of these men and women. Their Opera Scarfs were 120x30.
5. Being the size of a scarf, you can actually use it as an elegant scarf when the night has become cold outside while you were dancing.
Where are the Dancetowels made?
This question is more difficult to answer than one might think.
Idea, design, distribution, packaging, embroidery, marketing, headquarters: Germany
These tasks are all done in Germany, in the city of Kassel in our little workshop, which used to be our guest room. If you are in the area, feel free to visit us and see for yourself. Well... sometimes I do the embroidery in our livingroom aswell. ;)
Gosia, our amazing designer and shag teacher lives in a small town in Italy, where she creates amazing art and our towels designs. We are working with people from around the world on very specific designs, so our design work is as global as the dance community itself.
We spent half a year trying to find the right production facility.
First of all I was shocked that there is not a single company outside of China or Vietnam that even produces microfiber.
Then we needed to find a company that would be able to produce the highest quality microfiber and print that we need for the Dancetowels, while also using recycled materials.
Really you can't imagine how difficult that was. In the end, through a secret hint, we got in contact with the company that produces the microfiber for Porsche and that's the company that now produces the Dancetowels. And that's why on the washing instruction it says "Made in China" (If we embroider your name onto the Dancetowel, we could officially call it "Made in Germany" :D Laws are crazy sometimes.)
Does the Dancetowel have a hanger?
No, It does not! And there is a really good reason for it!
The towel is meant to look like an elegant scarf. Elegant scarves dont have hangers. A hanger would completely destroy the look.
The 2nd reason is that we saw some people on the dancefloor who had their microfiber towels on a carabiner hanging from their waist and flapping around while dancing. That looked horrible, and was really disturbing for the other dancers. We wanted to make sure that noone gets that idea. :D
We even made it so that the washing information can be very easily removed and the design is not affected by the removal of the washing label.
Treat it like an elegant scarf!
How much does a Dancetowel weight?
We all love to travel, well maybe not the traveling part, but the "being somewhere else" part of it. So it's important to keep the weight of the luggage low.
One towel weights 80g that's because it is high tech material that is also used for mountain expeditions.
Some dancers, who got the Dancetowel for dancing have completely ditched their towels they used for mountain climbing and are now using the Dancetowels instead, because they just work amazingly and you can hang them around your neck.